Menlo-Atherton Little League
Hit-A-Thon May 5, 2019
The annual Hit-a-Thon is set for Sunday, May 5 at Burgess Park! Last year we set records for participation, donations and fun, and we are working hard to make it even better in 2019. The Snack Shack will be open, music will be playing, kids will be swinging, and we will end the day with baseballs flying out of the ballpark in the 12 year-old Home Run Derby. ALL of the players love it!
Please mark your calendars and save the date!
The Hit-a-Thon is the League's only annual fundraiser. It funds a substantial portion of our operating budget, and contributes to the positive youth sports experience and strong community building that we cherish. Funds generated go directly to critical initiatives such as:
- Player and coach development
- Equipment to keep our fields properly maintained and safe
- City field usage and maintenance fees (not only do we pay to use our fields, but we also supplement their maintenance to provide above average playing conditions)
- Scholarships to ensure that a positive baseball experience is available to everyone in our community
We need your (players’) help to generate the resources needed to continue providing a positive community experience this year and beyond!
There are individual and team based incentives to get players excited and to reward them for their fundraising efforts. This is a great opportunity for our kids to build the habit of giving back and rallying teams around a common goal.
Here are some of last year's Hit-a-Thon prizes (updating list for 2019):
- Top Overall Fundraiser (3+ unique donations and dollar amount): “A Day at AT&T Park”: 4 Field Club SF Giants tickets behind home plate, plus Giants swag
- Team parties
- Summer baseball camp scholarships
- Bats, batting gloves, backpacks and batting helmets
- Oakley sunglasses
- Signed memorabilia from SF Giants players
- Prize for every player that raises at least $250
Please be on the lookout for more information. Your coaches soon will be communicating additional details about how you and your player can participate in this great event.
Thanks in advance for your continued support of M-A Little League. We look forward to seeing you on May 5th!